If You’re Selling Your House This Summer, Hiring a Pro Is Critical
It can be tempting, especially with how hot the housing market has been over the past two years, to consider selling your home on your own. But today’s market is at a turning point, making it more essential than ever to work with a real estate professional.
Homeownership Could Be in Reach with Down Payment Assistance Programs
A recent survey from Bankrate asks prospective buyers to identify the biggest obstacles in their homebuying journey. It found that 36% of those polled said saving for a down payment is one of their primary hurdles to buying a home.
A Key Opportunity for Homebuyers
There’s no denying the housing market has delivered a fair share of challenges to homebuyers over the past two years. Two of the biggest hurdles homebuyers faced during the pandemic were the limited number of homes for sale and the intensity and frequency of bidding wars. But those two things have reached a turning point.
Two Reasons Why Today’s Housing Market Isn’t a Bubble
You may be reading headlines and hearing talk about a potential housing bubble or a crash, but it’s important to understand that the data and expert opinions tell a different story. A recent survey from Pulsenomics asked over one hundred housing market experts and real estate economists if they believe the housing market is in a bubble. The results indicate most experts don’t think that’s the case (see graph below):
Why an Agent Is Essential When Pricing Your House [INFOGRAPHIC]
- When it comes to pricing your house, there’s a lot to consider. The only way to ensure you price it right is by partnering with a local real estate professional.
- To find the best price, your agent balances current market demand, the values of homes in your neighborhood, where prices are headed, and your home’s condition.
- Don’t pick just any price for your house. If you’re ready to sell, let’s connect to find the perfect price for your house.
Homeownership Is a Great Hedge Against the Impact of Rising Inflation
If you’re following along with the news today, you’ve heard about rising inflation. Today, inflation is at a 40-year high. According to the National Association of Home Builders (NAHB):
Things To Avoid After Applying for a Home Loan
Once you’ve applied for a mortgage to buy a home, there are some key things to keep in mind. While it’s exciting to start thinking about moving in and decorating, be careful when it comes to making any big purchases. Here are a few things you may not realize you need to avoid after applying for your home loan.
The Average Homeowner Gained $64K in Equity over the Past Year
If you own a home, your net worth likely just got a big boost thanks to rising home equity. Equity is the current value of your home minus what you owe on the loan. And today, based on recent home price appreciation, you’re building that equity far faster than you may expect – here’s how it works.
Why Achieving the Dream of Homeownership Can Be More Difficult for Some Americans
Today we take time to honor and recognize the past and present experiences of Black Americans. When it comes to real estate specifically, equitable access to housing has come a long way, but the path to homeownership is still steeper for households of color.
More Listings Are Coming onto the Market [INFOGRAPHIC]
- Worried you won’t be able to find your next home after you sell? You should know data from realtor.com shows more listings are coming onto the market each month this year.
- Having additional options can make the search for your next home easier. But inventory is still low overall, which means your house should still stand out when you sell.
- If your biggest question is where you’ll go if you sell, take this as encouraging news. Let’s connect to start the process today.
Home Price Deceleration Doesn’t Mean Home Price Depreciation
Experts in the real estate industry use a number of terms when they talk about what's happening with home prices. And some of those words sound a bit similar but mean very different things. To help clarify what's happening with home prices and where experts say they're going, here’s a look at a few terms you may hear:
Is the Housing Market Correcting?
If you're following the news, all of the headlines about conditions in the current housing market may leave you with more questions than answers. Is the boom over? Is the market crashing or correcting? Here’s what you need to know.
More Americans Choose Real Estate as the Best Investment Than Ever Before
Americans’ opinion on the value of real estate as an investment is climbing. That’s according to an annual survey from Gallup. Not only is real estate viewed as the best investment for the ninth year in a row, but more Americans selected it than ever before.
The Top Reasons To Own Your Home [INFOGRAPHIC]
- June is National Homeownership Month, and it’s a great time to consider the benefits of owning your own home.
- If you’re considering homeownership, know that it can give you privacy, comfort, and a place to express yourself. It can also provide financial stability and help you grow your net worth.
- Are you ready to experience all the great benefits that come from purchasing a home? Let’s connect to begin the process today.
Luxury Homes Are in High Demand
As people realize their needs are changing, some are turning to luxury housing to find their dream home. Investopedia helps define what pushes a home into this category. In a recent article, they point out that a luxury home isn’t only defined by its price. Location is also an important factor. It could be a condo at a desirable city address, a spacious home on the water, or one with access to luxury activities like arts and entertainment, high-end shopping and dining, and more. The home itself will also boast some of the finest features available.
What Are the Best Options for Today’s First-Time Homebuyers?
If you’re looking to buy your first home, you’re likely balancing several factors. Because both mortgage rates and home prices have risen this year, it costs more to buy a home than it did even just a few months ago. But that doesn’t mean you have to put your plans on hold.
Why the Growing Number of Homes for Sale Is Good for Your Move Up
Are you thinking about selling your current home? If so, the biggest question on your mind may be: if I sell now, where will I go? If this resonates with you, there’s something you should know. The number of homes coming onto the market is increasing and that could make it easier for you to move up this summer.
Why You Need an Expert To Determine the Right Price for Your House
If your lifestyle has changed recently and you’re ready to make a move, taking advantage of today’s sellers’ market might be just the answer for your summer plans. With homes continuing to get multiple offers, this could be your moment to get the contract you’re looking for on your house if you’re ready to sell.
History Proves Recession Doesn’t Equal a Housing Crisis [INFOGRAPHIC]
- It’s important to understand history proves an economic slowdown does not equal a housing crisis.
- In 4 of the last 6 recessions, home prices actually appreciated. Home prices only fell twice – minimally in the early 90s and then by nearly 20% during the housing crash in 2008.
- If you have questions, let’s connect to discuss why today’s housing market is nothing like 2008.
How Homeownership Impacts You
June is National Homeownership Month, and it’s the perfect time to reflect on how impactful owning a home can truly be. When you purchase a house, it becomes more than just a space you occupy. It’s your stake in the community, an investment, and a place you can put your stamp on.
Why Home Loans Today Aren’t What They Were in the Past
In today’s housing market, many are beginning to wonder if we’re returning to the riskier lending habits and borrowing options that led to the housing crash 15 years ago. Let’s ease those concerns.