We’re looking for someone who is a digital advertising whiz, looking for an opportunity with an in-house team they feel passionate about, and wants to join one of the greatest places to work in the US!
If that sounds like you, then keep reading…
Who You Are
You’re a digital advertising whiz. Your mind is always coming up with new ways of strategizing, executing, tracking and optimizing your digital and social advertising efforts
You’re result-oriented. You have a strong focus on the output of your efforts. You thrive in an environment where you can see the results of your hard work. You believe in creating systems/processes that let you scale your impact to be larger than yourself.
You’re eager to learn. Marketing is an ever-evolving world, as is real estate. You enjoy playing with new ideas, testing new marketing concepts, and exploring areas you might not have experience with yet.
Eager to give & receive feedback. You are a strong yet humble communicator and appreciate thoughtful direction that helps improve your work. You believe feedback aids a process and produces positive results in the end.
You’re ambitious and proactive. You take initiative and embrace challenges. You believe it’s better to try and fail than to not try at all. You proactively find solutions and lead yourself well.
You challenge the status quo. You constantly strive to make things better than they currently are. You don’t believe in the status quo. You don’t settle for what’s #trending. You want to be the trendsetter. In your opinion, competing against yourself is the ultimate test of your abilities.
You are details-obsessed. You have the ability to manipulate small pieces of data with accuracy and focus. You are the person who finds typos in the books you’re reading. You love to fact-check.
You always learn from your mistakes and failures. You’re not one to focus on what went wrong, but instead focus on what you can do better the next time around so the same thing doesn’t happen again.
Problem solver & creative thinker. You love thinking critically to make things work. You see opportunities where others don’t, you can spot gaps and weaknesses and design solutions to resolve.
Who You Probably Are Not
- Prefers the status quo
- Doesn’t like change
- Is risk-averse
- Prefers to work alone
What You Love
- Winning and competition
- Seeing results and impact
- Researching all things – topics, people, interests
- Problem solving
- Strategy games
- Trying new things
- Working for a team and company you believe in
How You Might Spend Your Days at KCM
KCM is a small business, so you’ll likely get your hands dirty in a bit of everything. That said, here are some things you’ll take the lead on:
- Driving free trials at a low customer acquisition cost (CAC) for KCM through paid traffic
- Development, execution & management of paid social media, paid search and conversion rate optimization (CRO) campaigns
- Analysis of campaign data against goals & KPIs
- Management of ad budgets and recommendations for projections
- Identify, present & implement new opportunities to improve ad performance
- Targeting strategies to reach our audience and researching/refining our customer avatars
- Process for producing high-converting ad copy and creative assets
- Testing & optimizing ads, landing pages, and sales funnels
- Collaboration with marketing team & agency partners to build new sales funnels and offers
- Growth of both existing and new digital advertising platforms
- 3-5 years experience managing successful digital ad campaigns
- Proven record of building ad campaign strategies that drive results
- Expert-level advertiser on paid social media (Facebook/Instagram)
- Ability to develop ad creative that’s engaging (thumb-stopping) and drives action (clicks)
- Ability to write copy that engages and drives action (clicks)
- Ability to run tests to optimize landing pages
- Ability to pull data, analyze results, & communicate reports
- Certification(s) in Digital Advertising (i.e. DigitalMarketer, HubSpot, Facebook Blueprint, Google Ads)
- SEO & search marketing experience a plus
- Experience as an in-house advertiser collaborating with agency partners
- Knowledge of content marketing and how it integrates into advertising strategy
- Advanced abilities with reporting (Google Analytics, Excel, Dashboards, etc.)
- Experience or interest in real estate industry and/or SaaS businesses
- Experience with building web pages on WordPress
- Experience with building campaigns/funnels in a CRM (Infusionsoft)
The Whole Package
- Location: Richmond, VA (this is not a remote position)
- Health insurance with employee premiums 100% covered
- 401(k) with 100% company match up to 3% of salary and bonus (and immediate vesting)
- Annual budget to purchase books and educational subscriptions
- Unlimited vacation policy (plus we insist you take at least 2 weeks off each year – this isn’t a vague policy where unlimited vacation means no vacation).
- Work with awesome people. We only hire people who lead, own, and exceed in everything they do.
What We Do at KCM
For the past 13 years, KCM has been partnering with real estate agents to help families as they go through the home buying and selling process. We do this by helping agents better understand what’s happening in the overall real estate market so they can communicate the impact it has on their clients.
We believe every family should feel confident when buying and selling a home.
We believe in education. It’s the responsibility of a real estate professional to educate and serve their clients so that they can make confident and powerful decisions they feel good about.
We believe the best way to help families is to understand what’s happening in the market, why it’s happening, how it impacts consumers, and how to effectively communicate this information.
Who We Are at KCM
KCM is a pretty awesome place to work. In each of the last 5 years, we were honored to be recognized by Great Place to Work. Spoiler alert: we even hit number 65 this year on Fortune Magazine’s Best Small & Medium Workplaces™ 2020. We put our people and our culture first, and we hope you feel it when you meet us.
Working with the KCM Crew feels like you’re getting paid to collaborate with friends. We definitely work hard and will challenge the best from you, and you’ll be a key part of the team. It’s truly a fun, exciting, and forward-thinking work environment. You’ll be pushed to grow, and we hope you’ll push us forward too.
How to Apply
We have a non-standard application process. To jumpstart the process, we ask a few questions we normally would ask at the start of an interview. This helps speed up the process and lets us get to know you a bit better right out of the gate. Make sure to answer each question.
Once you’re done, just wait for us to reply. It can take some time to review all the applications, but we do read all of them and we reply to everyone, even if it doesn’t seem like a great fit.
We’re excited and look forward to hearing from you soon!