Who You Are
You are incredibly organized. Organization is your middle name. You love checklists and the satisfaction that comes from making things happen. You are excited to color-code a calendar. You love taking what others see as chaos and creating a clear plan.
You are exceptionally detail-oriented. You are the person who finds typos in the books you’re reading. You love to fact-check. Even the smallest of things don’t slip through the cracks.
You are a multitasker. You are able to multitask with ease. You are able to manage several different projects and deadlines simultaneously while maintaining your focus. You’re comfortable with priorities changing as needed.
You love helping and supporting people. You love helping people find solutions to their problems. It energizes you to be the support that others need.
You are a skilled written and verbal communicator. You’re able to put yourself in someone else’s shoes to effectively communicate your points in the way they need to hear them.
You’re proactive. You don’t stop trying when you reach a hurdle. Instead, you leap right over the hurdle and keep moving toward your goal. You proactively find solutions and ways to succeed.
You always learn from your mistakes and failures. You’re not one to focus on what went wrong but rather you focus on what you can do better the next time around so the same thing doesn’t happen again.
You love doing things efficiently. You constantly strive to make things better than they currently are. At KCM, we’re always pushing the envelope on how we can raise the bar.
Who You Probably Are Not
- Someone who prefers to work alone.
- Someone who likes to gossip.
- Strong organizational skills with high attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong ability to multitask
- 2 years as an Executive Assistant
- Proficient with Outlook
- Proficient with Google Suite
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Experience using customer relationship management (CRM) software
- Bookkeeping or Accounting experience
How You Might Spend Your Days at KCM
KCM is a small business, so you’ll likely get your hands dirty in a bit of everything. With that said, here are some things you’ll take the lead on:
- Primary contact for all things pertaining to CEO & VP
- Organizes and coordinates executive meetings
- Manage calendars
- Manage Executives email inbox
- Handle executives errands when needed
- Liaison to Executive Team, People Leaders and Employees
- Prepare agendas and itineraries for meetings
- Liaison between CEO and accounting
- Communicating with high-level outside stakeholders
- Performing office duties that include ordering supplies and managing a records database.
What We Do at KCM
For the past ten years, KCM has been partnering with real estate agents to help families as they go through the home buying and selling process. We do this by helping agents better understand what’s happening in the overall real estate market so they can communicate the impact it has on their clients.
We believe every family should feel confident when buying and selling a home.
We believe in education. It’s the responsibility of a real estate professional to educate and serve their clients so that they can make confident and powerful decisions they feel good about.
We believe the best way to help families is to understand what’s happening in the market, why it’s happening, how it impacts consumers, and how to effectively communicate this information.
Who We Are at KCM
KCM is a pretty awesome place to work, in fact, we’re even certified as a Great Place to Work! We are also honored to be on Forbes Magazine’s “Top 100 Best Small and Medium Workplaces in the Country” list for four years running!
Working with the KCM Crew feels like you’re getting paid to hang out with friends. We definitely work hard and will challenge you to do and be your best, but we’re more like family and friends than “office co-workers.” If you’re looking for a fun, exciting, challenging work environment, then KCM may be the place for you. You will be challenged, you will be pushed to grow, and we hope you will push us forward as well.
The Whole Package
- Location: Richmond, VA
- Total Compensation: $40,000 – $45,000 annually, depending on experience
- Health insurance with employee premiums 100% covered
- Retirement program available
- Unlimited vacation policy (plus we insist you take at least 2 weeks off each year – this isn’t a vague policy where unlimited vacation means no vacation)
How to Apply
We have a non-standard application process. To jumpstart the process, we ask a few questions we would normally ask at the start of an interview. This helps speed up the process and helps us get to know you a bit better right out of the gate. Make sure to answer each question.
Then, just wait for us to reply. It can take some time to read through all the applications, but we do read all of them and we reply to everyone, even if it doesn’t seem like a great fit.
We’re excited and look forward to hearing from you soon!