We’re looking for someone who is a tenacious problem solver, patient, adaptable, a great communicator and wants to join one of the greatest places to work in the US!
If this sounds like you, then read on…
Who You Are
You love helping others with challenges. Technology is all about identifying ways that we can help someone. You love empowering people through the systems you support.
You move quickly. You’re comfortable being uncomfortable and you thrive in an environment based on continual improvement. You aren’t afraid to try new things and make mistakes.
You’re a problem solver. You’re driven to discover the root of an issue and determined to identify the best solution to resolve it.
You’re eager to learn. Information Technology is an ever-evolving world, as is real estate. You enjoy finding the best and most innovative ways of providing real solutions.
You’re ambitious and proactive. You don’t stop trying when you reach a hurdle. Instead, you leap right over the hurdle and keep moving toward your goal. You proactively find solutions and lead yourself well.
You’re a self-starter. You take initiative and embrace challenges. You believe it’s better to try and fail than to not try at all. You own your mistakes.
Eager to receive feedback. You are a strong yet humble communicator and appreciate thoughtful direction that helps improve your work. You believe feedback aids a process and produces positive results in the end.
You challenge the status quo. You constantly strive to make things better than they currently are. At KCM, we’re always pushing the envelope on how we can raise the bar and serve our Members better. You are not satisfied with the status quo and you eagerly look for opportunities to raise the bar.
Who You Probably Are Not
- Someone who is afraid of new or unknown technologies
- Uncomfortable with changing priorities
- Impatient or frustrated by others lack of technical knowledge
What you love
- Solving puzzles
- Helping others solve technical issues
- Digging into the details of technology systems
- Training others how to use technology better
What experience/skills do you NEED to succeed in the role:
- 2-5 years experience in a technical role involving troubleshooting and problem-solving
- 1-3 years experience working in and/or managing a server environment, physical or virtual
- You thrive with command prompts and/or server shells
- Experience with various system types, including CRM, CMS, database, and other office productivity systems (e.g., Microsoft Office)
Ideally, what you possess
- Bachelor’s degree in a STEM or related field
- Demonstrated experience as an administrator of one or more content management systems
- A comfort level with reading/writing code or a desire to learn programming
- Experience with DevOps processes and/or SDLC build processes is a plus
How You Might Spend Your Days at KCM
KCM is a small business, so you’ll likely get your hands dirty in a bit of everything. That said, here are some things you’ll take the lead on:
- Tier 1 technical support and primary support contact for the Member Success team
- Support and maintenance of all technical systems, including security patching, upgrades, optimization tasks
- The production deployment process, including monitoring of live systems
- Assist with the build/formatting of web pages from a content management system
- Opportunity to help develop a growing corporate technology infrastructure
The Whole Package
- Location: Richmond, VA (this position is ONLY remote due to COVID-19)
- Health insurance with employee premiums 100% covered
- 401(k) with 100% company match up to 3% of salary and bonus (and immediate vesting)
- Annual budget to purchase books and educational subscriptions
- Unlimited vacation policy (plus we insist you take at least 2 weeks off each year – this isn’t a vague policy where unlimited vacation means no vacation).
- Work with awesome people. We only hire people who lead, own, and exceed in everything they do.
What We Do at KCM
Since 2007, KCM has been helping real estate agents educate their clients on the home buying and selling process.
We believe every family should feel confident when buying and selling a home.
We believe in education. When real estate agents are equipped with hyper-relevant and easy-to-understand insights about the housing market, they’re able to help their clients make decisions they can feel good about when buying or selling a home.
Who We Are at KCM
KCM is a pretty awesome place to work. In each of the last 5 years, we were honored to be recognized by Great Place to Work. Spoiler alert: we even hit number 65 this year on Fortune Magazine’s Best Small & Medium Workplaces™ 2020. We put our people and our culture first, and we hope you feel it when you meet us.
Working with the KCM Crew feels like you’re getting paid to collaborate with friends. We definitely work hard and will challenge the best from you, and you’ll be a key part of the team. It’s truly a fun, exciting, and forward-thinking work environment. You’ll be pushed to grow, and we hope you’ll push us forward too.
How to Apply
We have a non-standard application process. To get started, we ask a few questions you might normally find at the beginning of an interview. This helps accelerate the process and lets us get to know you right out of the gate. Make sure to answer each question.
Once you’re done, just wait for us to reply. It can take some time to review all the applications, but we do read all of them and we reply to everyone, even if it doesn’t seem like a great fit.
We’re excited and look forward to hearing from you soon!