Who You Are
- You’re an experienced writer. You are skilled at generating new, exciting, and inventive story ideas on a regular basis. You produce well-researched, thoughtful, and clean copy. You are proud of your work.
- You’re resourceful. You never let a roadblock get in your way. You seek out answers, experts, and alternative solutions to keep moving toward your goal.
- You’re ambitious and proactive. You don’t stop trying when you reach a hurdle. Instead, you leap right over the hurdle and keep moving toward your goal. You proactively find solutions and lead yourself well.
- You’re eager to learn. Marketing is an ever-evolving world, as is real estate. You enjoy playing with new content ideas, testing new marketing concepts, and exploring areas you might not have experience with yet.
- You challenge the status quo. You constantly strive to make things better than they currently are. At KCM, we’re always pushing the envelope on how we can raise the bar and engage more Real Estate professionals..
- You’re a skilled communicator. The vast majority of communications we have with our audience are written & on video. Great communication – both internally and externally – is vital.
- You love solving challenges for people. Marketing is all about identifying ways that we can help someone. You love helping people find solutions to their problems through your marketing efforts. In addition, you see opportunity where others don’t, you can spot gaps and weaknesses and design solutions to resolve.
Who You Are Probably NOT
- Quiet around others or hesitant to speak up
- At a loss for words when it comes to offering a point of view
- Someone who dislikes being on camera or having pictures taken of them
- Someone who doesn’t use social media personally or professionally
What You Love
- Writing & creating engaging pieces of content
- A great story or a really interesting article
- Listening to podcasts or watching TEDX videos
- Learning new skills and improving existing ones
- Brainstorming new ways of approaching problems
How You Might Spend Your Days at KCM
KCM is a small business, so you’ll likely get your hands dirty in a bit of everything. That said, here are some things you’ll take the lead on:
- Write and edit content supporting the KCM marketing strategy, including blogs and other copy for website, emails, and ads.
- Develop assets to engage and convert customers through lead magnets, videos, and other conversion-focused materials.
- Be a presenter for live and recorded presentations including webinars, podcasts, conferences and more.
- Research topics for content materials including industry trends and best practices.
- Maintain a strong and cohesive company voice across all platforms.
- Spend time with real estate agents to learn their needs and concerns.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in writing and/or content marketing
- Portfolio of creative output in a professional setting
- Proven record of delivering results (i.e. website traffic, social media engagement, sales conversions)
- Previous experience developing content for a marketing organization or brand agency
- Experience with WordPress or other content management systems
- Experience with creating multimedia content with software like Adobe Creative Suite, Final Cut Pro, etc
- Detail oriented with an eye for accuracy and quality
- Knowledge or experience of real estate industry is a plus
- DigitalMarketer or Hubspot certifications
What We Do at KCM
For the past eight years, KCM has been partnering with real estate agents to help families as they go through the home buying and selling process. We do this by helping agents better understand what’s happening in the overall real estate market so they can communicate the impact it has on their clients.
We believe every family should feel confident when buying and selling a home.
We believe in education. It’s the responsibility of a real estate professional to educate and serve their clients so that they can make confident and powerful decisions they feel good about.
We believe the best way to help families is to understand what’s happening in the market, why it’s happening, how it impacts consumers, and how to effectively communicate this information.
Who We Are at KCM
KCM is a pretty awesome place to work. In each of the last 3 years, we were honored to be recognized as one of the greatest places to work by Great Place to Work.
Working with the KCM Crew feels like you’re getting paid to hang out with friends. We definitely work hard and will challenge the best from you, but we’re more like family and friends than “office co-workers.” If you’re looking for a fun, exciting, challenging work environment, then KCM may be the place for you. You will be challenged, you will be pushed to grow, and we hope you will push us forward as well.
How to Apply
We have a non-standard application process. To jumpstart the process, we ask a few questions we normally would ask at the start of an interview. This helps speed up the process and lets us get to know you a bit better right out of the gate. Make sure to answer each question.