Are you someone who loves watching others grow and learn new things? Do you love telling the perfect story… where the listener has that “aha” moment?
We’re looking for someone who loves nothing more than sharing knowledge and wisdom with others to help them grow and achieve their goals… Someone who loves crafting a compelling, insightful piece of content to share with thousands of people… Someone who could whip up an informative – yet also enthralling – video training series or live webinar in their sleep.
If this sounds like you, then read on…
You have the heart of a teacher. You’re passionate about education and have a native genius when it comes to teaching others a concept, strategy, or execution steps.
You are a skilled verbal and written communicator. You’ve never met an idea you couldn’t communicate effectively, and you’re able to put yourself in others’ shoes to communicate in the way they need to hear the information.
You understand sales and marketing. You get ‘sales and marketing’ so well that you’re able to teach others how to market themselves and build their business using marketing best practices.
You’re ambitious and proactive. You don’t stop trying when you reach a hurdle. Instead, you leap right over the hurdle and keep moving toward your goal. You proactively find solutions and ways to succeed.
You constantly strive to make things better than they currently are. You’re always pushing the envelope on how you can raise the bar and serve your clients better.
You love solving challenges for people. You’re all about helping people overcome challenges to reach their goals. You love finding solutions to problems, and sharing those solutions with others.
You always learn from your mistakes and failure. You’re not one to focus on what went wrong but rather you focus on what you can do better the next time around so the same thing doesn’t happen again.
How You Might Spend Your Days at KCM
KCM is a small business, so you’ll likely get your hands dirty in a bit of everything.
That said, here are some things you will own:
- Marketing Content Creation: Develop free content to be used within our marketing initiatives to drive site traffic, generate leads, and convert leads into free trials. This may include live training webinars, written articles, eGuides, videos, etc.
- Ongoing Customer Education & Training: Continually educate customers on marketing best practices and how they can best leverage content to grow their business. This may entail collaborating with the support team for weekly open office hours, hosting a monthly training webinar, writing a weekly article, etc.
- Onboarding & Adoption Materials: Create resources and materials to help new customers get started quickly, put their new Membership to use effectively and achieve the success they’re looking for.
- Success Stories: Find customers who have seen tangible ROI from their Membership or implemented the content and tools in a unique way, then capture and deliver their story (with actionable takeaways) to our database and full Membership.
- Three or more years experience creating educational content for marketing or training purposes, ideally in an online learning format.
- Proficient understanding of content marketing and lead generation, nurture, and conversion.
- Comfort in designing, creating, and delivering live online training webinars as well as on-demand video courses.
- Basic understanding of instructional design and adult learning theory best practices.
- Working knowledge of an LMS, such as LearnDash, or the confidence and ability to quickly learn it.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills in all possible mediums including in person meetings, video chat, phone, email, text and online teamwork portals.
- Willingness to learn through regular professional development and to hone your craft through any upgrading of skills required to Lead, Own and Exceed in your role.
- Bonus: Background in real estate, mortgages, or a related field.
What We Do at KCM
Since 2007, KCM has been partnering with real estate agents to help families as they go through the home buying and selling process. We do this by helping agents better understand what’s happening in the overall real estate market so they can communicate the impact it has on their clients.
We believe every family should feel confident when buying and selling a home.
We believe in education. It’s the responsibility of a real estate professional to educate and serve their clients so that they can make confident and powerful decisions they feel good about.
We believe the best way to help families is to understand what’s happening in the market, why it’s happening, how it impacts consumers, and how to effectively communicate this information.
Who We Are at KCM
KCM is a pretty awesome place to work. In fact, we’re actually certified as a Great Place to Work! We are also honored to be on Forbes Magazine top 100 best small and medium workplaces in the country list for four years running!
Working with the KCM Crew feels like you’re getting paid to hang out with friends. We definitely work hard and will challenge the best from you, but we’re more like family and friends than “office co-workers.” If you’re looking for a fun, exciting, challenging work environment, then KCM may be the place for you. You will be challenged, you will be pushed to grow, and we hope you will push us forward as well.
The Whole Package
Location: Richmond, VA
Compensation: Salary based on experience
Health insurance with employee premiums 100% covered
Simple IRA program with 3% company match
Unlimited vacation policy (plus we insist you take at least 2 weeks off each year – this isn’t a vague policy where unlimited vacation means no vacation).
How to Apply
We have a non-standard application process. To jumpstart the process, we ask a few questions we normally would ask at the start of an interview. This helps speed up the process and lets us get to know you a bit better right out of the gate. Make sure to answer each question.
Then just wait for us to reply. It can take some time to read through all the applications, but we do read all of them and we reply to everyone, even if it doesn’t seem like a great fit.
We’re excited and look forward to hearing from you soon!