We’re looking for someone who is obsessed with storytelling through design. Someone who has a desire to translate the abstract to the understandable. If you love teamwork, thinking creatively, and taking content design to the next level, keep reading…
Who You Are
You’re a creative thinker. You have a way of looking at problems or situations from a fresh perspective that suggests unconventional solutions.
You love generating new ideas. You believe the greater the quantity of ideas that you generate, the greater the quality your ideas will be.
You’re a skilled graphic designer. You use visuals to communicate your ideas and clarify your ideas at the most simplistic level. You are confident in your design recommendations.
You’re a storyteller. You love to use design to communicate a message. You believe every design creates a story. You enjoy taking an idea and using your designs to simply and effectively communicate.
You strive for collaboration. You enjoy working with others towards a shared goal. You believe feedback propels ideas forward.
You are curious. You’re eager to learn. You love to ask, “why?”. You question things, asking why regularly, to help you move in a new direction and get you thinking in new ways.
You’re ambitious and proactive. You don’t stop trying when you reach a hurdle. Instead, you leap right over the hurdle and keep moving toward your goal. You proactively find solutions and lead yourself well.
You challenge the status quo. You constantly strive to make things better than they currently are. At KCM, we’re always pushing the envelope on how we can raise the bar and engage more Real Estate professionals.
Who You Probably Are Not
- Quiet around others or hesitant to speak up
- Someone who doesn’t use social media personally or professionally
- Someone who prefers to work alone
What You Love
- Creating engaging design pieces
- A well-designed infographic
- Digging deeper for insights
- A great story or a really interesting article
- Communicating a message visually
How You Might Spend Your Days at KCM
KCM is a small business, so you’ll likely get your hands dirty in a bit of everything. With that said, here are some things you’ll take the lead on:
- Translating Keeping Current Matters content into engaging visuals – blogs, infographics, slides, and more
- KCM Instagram rollout and ongoing content design
- Additional innovation projects for KCM content design
- 3-5 years of graphic design experience
- Skilled in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Social media content design experience
- Proven record of delivering results
- Instagram design experience
- Experience with Tableau
- Experience with Canva
- Video Editing Software experience (ex: Final Cut Pro)
The Whole Package
- Location: Richmond, VA
- Compensation: $50,000 – $60,000 annual salary
- Health insurance with employee premiums 100% covered
- Simple IRA program with 3% company match
- Unlimited vacation policy (plus we insist you take at least 2 weeks off each year – this isn’t a vague policy where unlimited vacation means no vacation).
- Work with awesome people. We only hire people who lead, own, and exceed in everything they do.
What We Do at KCM
For the past 13 years, KCM has been partnering with real estate agents to help families as they go through the home buying and selling process. We do this by helping agents better understand what’s happening in the overall real estate market so they can communicate the impact it has on their clients.
We believe every family should feel confident when buying and selling a home.
We believe in education. It’s the responsibility of a real estate professional to educate and serve their clients so that they can make confident and powerful decisions they feel good about.
We believe the best way to help families is to understand what’s happening in the market, why it’s happening, how it impacts consumers, and how to effectively communicate this information.
Who We Are at KCM
KCM is a pretty awesome place to work, in fact, we’re even certified as a Great Place to Work! We are also honored to be on Forbes Magazine’s “Top 100 Best Small and Medium Workplaces in the Country” list for four years running!
Working with the KCM Crew feels like you’re getting paid to hang out with friends. We definitely work hard and will challenge you to do and be your best, but we’re more like family and friends than “office co-workers.” If you’re looking for a fun, exciting, challenging work environment, then KCM may be the place for you. You will be challenged, you will be pushed to grow, and we hope you will push us forward as well.
How to Apply
We have a non-standard application process. To jumpstart the process, we ask a few questions we would normally ask at the start of an interview. This helps speed up the process and helps us get to know you a bit better right out of the gate. Make sure to answer each question.
Then, just wait for us to reply. It can take some time to read through all the applications, but we do read all of them and we reply to everyone, even if it doesn’t seem like a great fit.
We’re excited and look forward to hearing from you soon!