Who You Are
You use technology to change the world – You have a passion for using technology to find solutions to the challenges around you. You have the drive to build a better way forward.
You’re a problem solver – When you see a problem or challenge, you love nothing more than figuring out a solution you can provide to alleviate it.
You multiply people – You know how to challenge your team with the right projects that will best leverage their talents and stretch them to grow. Your success depends on the success of your team. You take pride in the motivation and responsibility of leading.
You move quickly – You’re comfortable being uncomfortable and you thrive in an environment based on continual improvement. You aren’t afraid to try new things and make mistakes.
You’re resourceful – You don’t stop trying when you reach a hurdle. Instead, you seek out answers, expert advice, and alternative solutions to keep moving toward your goal.
If this sounds a lot like you, you’re going to love this position…
Why Keeping Current Matters?
We’re a fast-growing educational content company on a mission to help families feel confident when buying and selling a home. We take deep dives into the data provided by economists, researchers, and other market forces to draw simple and easy-to-understand insights out of complicated concepts.
Our products serve as a clear, effective, and simple-to-use way to position real estate agents as trusted advisors in their local markets. We help them feel confident about delivering expert answers to their clients. We do the tough job of bringing the data and the research through “the last mile.”
We’re Looking for a Head of Product
You will lead our team into our next phase of growth. In this role, you’ll work directly with our development team and side-by-side with our writers, researchers, and customer success teams to build products that help our Members learn, master, and communicate critical aspects of the decision-making process when it comes to buying or selling a home.
You’ll lead the strategy, design, and development of all KCM products, including the vision and execution of new tools and offerings we’re excited to roll out this year.
Our products serve individual real estate agents in all 50 states. These agents recognize their need to be an expert on the market and in their craft, but need a simple and effective way to develop that expertise and effectively communicate it to their clients and prospects. At KCM we build this ultimate solution.
The KCM Membership and products currently serve over 17,000 real estate agents nationwide. We like making their lives better and easier.
To do that you will:
- Define the roadmap, strategy, priorities, and success metrics for each product or package in the KCM Membership.
- Lead and manage our current 2-person development team. This will include setting goals, managing project flow, leading department meetings, and having weekly 1:1s.
- Determine what the Product team looks like at KCM as we continue building a category-defining experience. We’re a small team. We’re a product-driven company. You’ll have a huge impact!
- Work with existing and prospective Members to gain feedback, develop insights, and deliver new products and feature upgrades on a regular basis.
- Work with our Customer Success, Content, and Marketing teams to foster user-adoption, drive sales and revenue growth, and deliver a unified customer journey.
- Report to our CEO and President to aid in driving the vision of the company.
What You Possess
- 5+ years in SaaS product management. Ideally, you’ve worked in multi-tier, subscription business models before. Bonus points if you’ve built products that serve real estate agents or other commission-based sales professionals.
- Experience owning products powered by data, bonus points if it’s a massive amount of data.
- Familiarity with Business Intelligence tools, such as Tableau, Power BI, Qlik, etc. and ideally experience building products that leverage these tools.
- A background in engineering or web development. Either directly or working with these teams to build software and products.
- Experience leading and managing a team of developers on a day-to-day basis.
- The “Clouds and Dirt” superpower. You set a clear vision, strategize solutions, and define business needs. You’re also g etting your hands dirty in the trenches, making sacrifices, and doing the work.
- A history of bringing successful SaaS products to market. You have a track record of delivering measurable results for users, teams, and the business.
Ideally You Possess
- Creativity. You pride yourself on building innovative and powerful solutions that solve big problems no user would have come up with on their own.
- A passionate user-focus. You have true empathy for and curiosity about the user’s problems. You have the skill sets and tools to help you rally teams around an end product that meets their needs.
- Tenacity and decisiveness. You’re someone who believes – truly – anything is possible, and you’re fully comfortable making the call to start or stop a project when it’s time.
- An ability to handle undefined problems. You can take rough themes, ideas, or theories and turn them into a roadmap of features or hypotheses to test with minimal guidance.
- An excitement for being an early product leader on a growing team. You’re eager to influence a team and a product at an early stage as we lead a new category.
The Whole Package
- Purpose-driven work
- Health insurance with employee premiums (100% covered)
- 401(k) with 100% company match up to 3% of salary and bonus (and immediate vesting)
- Unlimited vacation time that you’re encouraged to take, including paid parental leave
- Daily catered lunch
- Annual budget to purchase books and educational subscriptions
- Work with awesome people. We only hire people who lead, own, and exceed in everything they do.
- Many more benefits…apply to find out!
How to Apply
If KCM sounds like the home you’ve always wanted, and this role gets your juices flowing, we want to hear from you.
We have a non-standard application process. Creativity is certainly encouraged. To jumpstart the process, we ask a few questions we normally would ask at the start of an interview. This helps speed up the process and lets us get to know you a bit better right out of the gate. Make sure to answer each question, and feel free to have some fun with them.
*Please note if you do not complete the survey at the link above we will assume you are no longer interested in the position.
We look forward to hearing from you!