Who You Are
You live and breathe all things social media. You can craft engaging posts with witty captions in your sleep and love sparking up conversations with people in the comments.
You don’t settle for what’s #trending. You want to be the trendsetter. You have an eye for design, impeccable grammar and are always dreaming up new ways to build amazing social media content that bring results.
You are enthusiastic about all things marketing. Your passion for marketing doesn’t stop at social media, and you’re striving to grow your skills beyond this area. You’re eager to test new things, have a couple of marketing podcasts in heavy rotation, and nerd out over the numbers that show true impact.
You are a team player. You thrive in an environment where you can collaborate and work toward a common goal. You don’t need the spotlight to feel successful. Helping other people is how you define your own success.
You are a multitasker. You are able to multitask with ease. You are able to manage several different projects and deadlines simultaneously while maintaining your focus. You can manage your own workflow while also keeping a project team on track.
You are ambitious and proactive. You can see the big picture and identify potential roadblocks in the process. You don’t stop trying when you reach a hurdle. Instead, you proactively find solutions and lead yourself well. You take ownership of your work. You aren’t satisfied unless the best possible product is out the door.
You are incredibly organized. Organization is your middle name. You love checklists and the satisfaction that comes from getting things done and making things happen. You are excited to color-code a calendar. You love taking what others see as chaos and creating a clear plan.
You Are Probably NOT Someone Who
- Struggles to stay organized or focused
- Is afraid to try new things
- Is hesitant to speak up
What You Love
- Creating amazing social media posts
- Completing a checklist
- Learning & trying new things
- Starting conversations
- Branding & design
- Storytelling & helping others
How You Might Spend Your Days at KCM
KCM is a small business, so you’ll likely get your hands dirty in a bit of everything. With that said, here are some things you’ll take the lead on:
- Creation, curation, and management of relevant, original and high-quality content for all social channels
- Monitor & manage daily comments and email responses, engaging in conversations and answering questions where appropriate
- Develop, expand and implement a weekly posting calendar that aligns with marketing vision and goals
- Research and implement strategies and tools that assist in the company’s social media growth
- Monitor, analyze, review and report on key marketing metrics, tweaking strategy as needed
- Assist marketing team with other tasks and projects including website management, email campaigns, proofreading, data reporting, and more.
- Prior experience owning a social media presence for a brand/business
- Ability to create engaging social posts that drive results
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Ability to project manage and multitask
- EXPERT level on Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Indesign, Illustrator, etc.
- Understanding of analytics and experience adjusting efforts to maximize social media growth
- WordPress & email marketing platform experience
The Whole Package
- Location: Richmond, VA (this is not a remote position)
- Compensation: $40,000 – $45,000 based on experience
- Health insurance with employee premiums 100% covered
- 401K plan with company match
- Unlimited vacation policy (plus we insist you take at least 2 weeks off each year – this isn’t a vague policy where unlimited vacation means no vacation).
- Work with awesome people (We only hire people who lead, own, and exceed in everything they do.)
What We Do at KCM
For the past 13 years, KCM has been partnering with real estate agents to help families as they go through the home buying and selling process. We do this by helping agents better understand what’s happening in the overall real estate market so they can communicate the impact it has on their clients.
We believe every family should feel confident when buying and selling a home.
We believe in education. It’s the responsibility of a real estate professional to educate and serve their clients so that they can make confident and powerful decisions they feel good about.
We believe the best way to help families is to understand what’s happening in the market, why it’s happening, how it impacts consumers, and how to effectively communicate this information.
Who We Are at KCM
KCM is a pretty awesome place to work. In each of the last 5 years, we were honored to be recognized as one of the greatest places to work by Great Place to Work https://www.greatplacetowork.com/certified-company/1421922.
Working with the KCM Crew feels like you’re getting paid to hang out with friends. We definitely work hard and will challenge the best from you, but we’re more like family and friends than “office co-workers.” If you’re looking for a fun, exciting, challenging work environment, then KCM may be the place for you. You will be challenged, you will be pushed to grow, and we hope you will push us forward as well.
How to Apply
We have a non-standard application process. To jumpstart the process, we ask a few questions we would normally ask at the start of an interview. This helps speed up the process and helps us get to know you a bit better right out of the gate. Make sure to answer each question.
Then, just wait for us to reply. It can take some time to read through all the applications, but we do read all of them and we reply to everyone, even if it doesn’t seem like a great fit.
We’re excited and look forward to hearing from you soon!