Who You Are…
- You’re empathetic. You’re able to quickly connect with people and understand their feelings, which allows you to successfully help them with any challenges.
- You love solving challenges for people. Customer success is all about identifying ways to help your clients reach their goals. You love helping people find solutions to their problems.
- You are a skilled written and verbal communicator. You’re able to put yourself in someone else’s shoes to effectively communicate your points in a way others can understand.
- You’re ambitious and proactive. You don’t stop trying when you reach a hurdle. Instead, you leap right over the hurdle and keep moving toward your goal. You proactively find solutions and ways to succeed.
- You’re a problem solver. You enjoy getting to the root of an issue and figuring out the best solution to resolve it.
- You always learn from your mistakes and failure. You’re not one to focus on what went wrong but rather you focus on what you can do better the next time around so the same thing doesn’t happen again.
- You love doing things efficiently. You believe in leveraging technology to solve problems and create systems/processes that let you scale your impact to be larger than yourself.
- You’re eager to learn. Customer success is an ever-evolving world, as is real estate. You enjoy playing with new software, testing new concepts, and exploring areas you might not have experience with yet.
Who You Are Probably NOT…
- Someone who is hesitant to speak to customers on the phone, via email, or screen share
- Someone who is afraid to try new things and question the status quo of processes.
- Someone who is uninterested in learning new computer programs or software.
- Someone who dislikes following detailed processes.
How You Might Spend Your Days at KCM
KCM is a small business, so you’ll likely get your hands dirty in a bit of everything. That said, here are some things you will own:
- Member Support: Supporting Members by managing incoming inquiries (emails and phone calls) to help Members solve challenges.
- Member Resources: Developing instructional materials for Members to learn how to set up or implement their KCM content and tools within their business.
- Member Voice: Understanding Member needs and being a voice for them internally, sharing their requests and needs with the rest of the company, primarily the product and content teams.
What You Need for Success
- A bachelor’s degree
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient with standard office software, including Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint
Ideally, What You Possess…
- Proficient with Outlook
- Proficient with Zendesk
- Proficient with Infusionsoft or other CRM skills is a plus
- Knowledge or experience of the real estate industry is a plus!
What We Do at KCM
Since 2007, KCM has been partnering with real estate agents to help families as they go through the home buying and selling process. We do this by helping agents better understand what’s happening in the overall real estate market so they can communicate the impact it has on their clients.
We believe every family should feel confident when buying and selling a home.
We believe in education. It’s the responsibility of a real estate professional to educate and serve their clients so that they can make confident and powerful decisions they feel good about.
We believe the best way to help families is to understand what’s happening in the market, why it’s happening, how it impacts consumers, and how to effectively communicate this information.
Who We Are at KCM
KCM is a pretty awesome place to work. In fact, we’re actually certified as a Great Place to Work! We are also honored to be on Forbes Magazine’s top 100 best small and medium workplaces in the country list for four years running!
Working with the KCM Crew feels like you’re getting paid to hang out with friends. We definitely work hard and will challenge the best from you, but we’re more like family and friends than “office co-workers.” If you’re looking for a fun, exciting, challenging work environment, then KCM may be the place for you. You will be challenged, you will be pushed to grow, and we hope you will push us forward as well.
The Whole Package
- Location: Richmond, VA
- Compensation: $35,000 – $38,000 annual salary
- Health insurance with employee premiums 100% covered
- Simple IRA program with 3% company match
- Unlimited vacation policy (plus we insist you take at least 2 weeks off each year – this isn’t a vague policy where unlimited vacation means no vacation).
- Work with awesome people. We only hire people who lead, own, and exceed in everything they do.
How to Apply
If KCM sounds like the home you’ve always wanted, and this role gets your juices flowing, we want to hear from you.
We have a non-standard application process. Creativity is certainly encouraged. To jumpstart the process, we ask a few questions we normally would ask at the start of an interview.
This helps speed up the process and lets us get to know you a bit better right out of the gate. Make sure to answer each question, and feel free to have some fun with them.
We’re excited and look forward to hearing from you soon!