We’re looking for someone who is addicted to helping people, creating a first-class experience for customers, and wants to join one of the greatest places to work in the US!
If that sounds like you, then keep reading…
Who You Are
You’re empathetic. You’re able to quickly connect with people and understand their feelings, which allows you to successfully help them with any challenges.
You love solving challenges for people. Customer success is all about identifying ways to help your clients reach their goals. You love helping people find solutions to their problems.
You are a skilled written and verbal communicator. You’re able to put yourself in someone else’s shoes to effectively communicate your points in the way they need to hear them.
You’re ambitious and proactive. You don’t stop trying when you reach a hurdle. Instead, you leap right over the hurdle and keep moving toward your goal. You proactively find solutions and ways to succeed.
You’re a problem solver. You enjoy getting to the root of an issue and figuring out the best solution to resolve it.
You always learn from your mistakes and failures. You’re not one to focus on what went wrong but rather you focus on what you can do better the next time around so the same thing doesn’t happen again.
You love doing things efficiently. You believe in leveraging technology to solve problems and create systems/processes that let you scale your impact to be larger than yourself.
You’re eager to learn. Customer success is an ever-evolving world, as is real estate. You enjoy playing with new software, testing new concepts, and exploring areas you might not have experience with yet.
Who You Probably Are Not
- Someone who is hesitant to speak to customers on the phone, via email, or screen share.
- Someone who is afraid to try new things and question the status quo of processes.
- Someone who is uninterested in learning new computer programs or software.
- Someone who dislikes following detailed processes.
How You Might Spend Your Days at KCM
KCM is a small business, so you’ll likely get your hands dirty in a bit of everything. That said, here are some things you’ll take the lead on:
- Member Support: Supporting Members by managing incoming inquiries (emails and phone calls) to help Members solve challenges.
- Member Resources: Developing instructional materials for Members to learn how to set up or implement their KCM content and tools within their business.
- Member Voice: Understanding Member needs and being a voice for them internally, sharing their requests and needs with the rest of the company, primarily the product and content teams.
What you need for success
- 1-2 years experience working in an office environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient with standard office software, including Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint
Ideally what you possess
- Proficient with Outlook
- Proficient with Zendesk
- Proficient with Infusionsoft or other CRM skills a plus
- Knowledge or experience of the real estate industry is a plus!
The Whole Package
- Location: Richmond, VA (this is not a remote position)
- Compensation: $40,000 annual salary
- Health insurance with employee premiums 100% covered
- 401(k) with 100% company match up to 3% of salary and bonus (and immediate vesting)
- Annual budget to purchase books and educational subscriptions
- Unlimited vacation policy (plus we insist you take at least 2 weeks off each year – this isn’t a vague policy where unlimited vacation means no vacation).
- Work with awesome people. We only hire people who lead, own, and exceed in everything they do.
What We Do at KCM
Since 2007, KCM has been helping real estate agents educate their clients on the home buying and selling process.
We believe every family should feel confident when buying and selling a home.
We believe in education. When real estate agents are equipped with hyper-relevant and easy-to-understand insights about the housing market, they’re able to help their clients make decisions they can feel good about when buying or selling a home.
Who We Are at KCM
KCM is a pretty awesome place to work. In each of the last 5 years, we were honored to be recognized by Great Place to Work. Spoiler alert: we even hit number 65 this year on Fortune Magazine’s Best Small & Medium Workplaces™ 2020. We put our people and our culture first, and we hope you feel it when you meet us.
Working with the KCM Crew feels like you’re getting paid to collaborate with friends. We definitely work hard and will challenge the best from you, and you’ll be a key part of the team. It’s truly a fun, exciting, and forward-thinking work environment. You’ll be pushed to grow, and we hope you’ll push us forward too.
How to Apply
We have a non-standard application process. To get started, we ask a few questions you might normally find at the beginning of an interview. This helps accelerate the process and lets us get to know you right out of the gate. Make sure to answer each question.
Once you’re done, just wait for us to reply. It can take some time to review all the applications, but we do read all of them and we reply to everyone, even if it doesn’t seem like a great fit.
We’re excited and look forward to hearing from you soon!