We’re looking for someone who loves meeting new people, is passionate about organizational culture, thinks outside the box and wants to join one of the greatest places to work in the US!
If that sounds like you, then keep reading…
Who You Are
WOO – winning others over. You have a great capacity to inspire and motivate others. You’re not just a cheerleader, rather you are adept and skillful in social settings. You are outgoing and personable. You build strong relationships.
High Emotional Intelligence. People are no mystery to you. You have the ability to read others and understand their emotions, perspectives, and motivations.
A Good Listener. You are curious about people’s stories. You see each person as one of a kind and are intrigued by their unique qualities. You are attentive to people’s individual styles, attitudes, and interests.
A High Achiever. You gain momentum with accomplishing goals. You have a particularly high motivation, drive and determination to succeed.
You have an innate ability to connect people. Like a conductor of an orchestra, you know how to blend the right sounds, instruments, and voices, at the right time to create the finest musical performance. You can predict how people will work together in the future and make decisions accordingly.
Resilient. You have a firm grasp of who you are, it’s difficult for someone to say or do something that gets your goat. You have the ability to transform failures into nuggets of improvement. This creates the tendency to get right back up every time you fall down.
Organized & Process-Driven. It excites you to improve on processes to reach max-efficiency and scalability.
Who You Probably Are Not
- Someone who hates small talk
- An introvert
- Someone who dislikes being on camera or having pictures taken of them
- Someone who doesn’t use social media personally or professionally
What You Love
- A great organizational culture
- Meeting new people
- Helping others achieve their goals
- Listening to people’s life stories and backgrounds
- Creating a process to organize and streamline projects
- Winning people over
- Inspiring and motivating others
- Thinking outside the box
- Creative problem solving
How You Might Spend Your Days at KCM
KCM is a small business, so you’ll likely get your hands dirty in a bit of everything. That said, here are some things you’ll take the lead on:
- Proactively utilize creative posting strategies, employee branding and networks to identify, engage and attract top talent.
- Effectively source, review, assess and qualify candidates against key competencies, skills and experiences needed for successful placement at KCM.
- Search for and identify candidates for highly specialized and difficult-to-attract positions while actively advocating diversity recruitment.
- Work alongside the Diversity, Equity & Inclusion committee and People Team to define and execute a long term DEI strategy and roadmap to ensure KCM continues to seek, retain and develop diverse talent.
- Build new partnerships and identify new employer marketing opportunities with particular emphasis on diverse talent.
- Develop longer term relationships with prospective candidates to maintain ongoing talent pipelines for future positions.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with all levels of company management to ensure staffing needs are effectively assessed and requirements are met.
- Partner with the HR team for pre-employment verification, new hire processing, and coordination of our orientation.
- 3-5 years experience recruiting
- 1-2 years responsible for a diversity initiative inside hiring & recruiting
- Excellent interpersonal skills with good negotiation tactics.
- High social and emotional intelligence
- Established relationships with influential groups in RVA
- 3 or more years of experience as an internal recruiter
- Experience interviewing candidates in person, on the phone, and video.
The Whole Package
- Location: Richmond, VA (this position is ONLY remote during COVID-19)
- Health insurance with employee premiums 100% covered
- 401(k) with 100% company match up to 3% of salary and bonus (and immediate vesting)
- Annual budget to purchase books and educational subscriptions
- Unlimited vacation policy (plus we insist you take at least 2 weeks off each year – this isn’t a vague policy where unlimited vacation means no vacation).
- Work with awesome people. We only hire people who lead, own, and exceed in everything they do.
What We Do at KCM
Since 2007, KCM has been helping real estate agents educate their clients on the home buying and selling process.
We believe every family should feel confident when buying and selling a home.
We believe in education. When real estate agents are equipped with hyper-relevant and easy-to-understand insights about the housing market, they’re able to help their clients make decisions they can feel good about when buying or selling a home.
Who We Are at KCM
KCM is a pretty awesome place to work. In each of the last 5 years, we were honored to be recognized by Great Place to Work. Spoiler alert: we even hit number 65 this year on Fortune Magazine’s Best Small & Medium Workplaces™ 2020. We put our people and our culture first, and we hope you feel it when you meet us.
Working with the KCM Crew feels like you’re getting paid to collaborate with friends. We definitely work hard and will challenge the best from you, and you’ll be a key part of the team. It’s truly a fun, exciting, and forward-thinking work environment. You’ll be pushed to grow, and we hope you’ll push us forward too.
How to Apply
We have a non-standard application process. To get started, we ask a few questions you might normally find at the beginning of an interview. This helps accelerate the process and lets us get to know you right out of the gate. Make sure to answer each question.
Once you’re done, just wait for us to reply. It can take some time to review all the applications, but we do read all of them and we reply to everyone, even if it doesn’t seem like a great fit.
We’re excited and look forward to hearing from you soon!