Fannie Mae Agrees: Hire a Pro to Sell Your House
Do you really need an agent to sell your house in today’s market? Here’s what Fannie Mae suggests to sellers on the Know Your Options section of their website:
“Select how you’ll market and list the home (e.g., with a real estate agent or for sale by owner). There are pros and cons to each, but unless you are experienced at selling homes, it usually makes financial sense to get professional help—homes sold by agents typically sell at a higher price and spend less time on the market. An agent will also help you determine the best pricing for the house, they’ll market the home, and they’ll be your advocate throughout the process.”
Let’s go over the points they made:
- Homes sold by agents typically sell at a higher price
- Homes sold by agents typically spend less time on the market
- An agent will help you determine the best pricing for the house
- An agent will market the home
- An agent will be your advocate throughout the process
If Fannie Mae says using an agent probably makes sense, perhaps you should interview an agent before putting your house up for sale.
Members: Sign in now to set up your Personalized Posts & start sharing today!
Not a Member Yet? Click Here to learn more about KCM’s newest feature, Personalized Posts.