How Does the Supply of Homes for Sale Impact Buyer Demand?
The latest edition of the Realtors Confidence Index from NAR sheds some light on the relationship between seller traffic (supply) and buyer traffic (demand). Until the supply of homes for sale starts to meet buyer demand, prices will continue to rise.
What Is the Cost of Waiting Until Next Year to Buy? [INFOGRAPHIC]
- The “cost of waiting to buy” is defined as the additional funds necessary to buy a home if prices and interest rates were to increase over a period of time.
- Freddie Mac forecasts interest rates will rise to 3.8% by Q4 2020.
- CoreLogic predicts home prices will appreciate by 5.4% over the next 12 months.
- If you’re ready and willing to buy your dream home, now is a great time to buy.
Homeowners Are Happy! Renters? Not So Much.
When people talk about homeownership and the American Dream, much of the conversation revolves around the financial benefits of owning a home. However, two recent studies show that the non-financial benefits might be even more valuable.
Are You Ready for the ‘Black Friday’ of Real Estate?
According to a new study from realtor.com, the week of September 22 is the best time of year to buy a home, making it ‘Black Friday’ for homebuyers.
Should You Fix Your House Up or Sell Now?
If you’re thinking about remodeling your house before you list it, take a look at these three tips to help you decide if you really need to fix it up before you sell. The answer may surprise you.
Is Your House “Priced to Sell Immediately”?
In today’s real estate market, more houses are coming to market every day. Eager buyers are searching for their dream homes, so setting the right price for your house is one of the most important things you can do.
4 Reasons to Sell This Fall [INFOGRAPHIC]
- Buyers are active in the market and often competing with one another for available listings.
- Housing inventory is still under the 6-month supply found in a normal housing market.
- Homes are still selling relatively quickly, averaging 31 days on the market.
One of the Top Reasons to Own a Home
One of the benefits of homeownership is that it is a “forced savings plan.” Here’s how it works: You make a mortgage payment each month. Part of that payment is applied to the principal balance of your mortgage. Each month you owe less on the home. The difference between the value of the home and what you owe is called equity.
What Buyers Need to Know About HOAs
When searching for a home, you may end up selecting a property in a community with a Homeowners Association (HOA). Before you buy, it’s important to know how an HOA works and what they mean for you.
Home Prices Increase in Every Price Range
Price appreciation can differ depending on your price range. CoreLogic analyzed four individual home prices tiers and shares the increase in each one.
Things to Avoid After Applying for a Mortgage
Congratulations! You’ve found a home to buy and have applied for a mortgage! You're undoubtedly excited about the opportunity to decorate your new home, but before you make any large purchases, move your money around, or make any big-time life changes, consult your loan officer – someone who will be able to tell you how your decisions will impact your home loan.
6 Graphs Showing the Strength of the Current Housing Market [INFOGRAPHIC]
- Keeping an eye on the current status of the housing market is one of the best ways to make powerful and confident decisions when buying or selling a home.
- Mortgage rates remaining near historic lows and houses selling in an average of only 29 days are just two key elements driving the strength of today’s market.
- With the national data shown here, make sure to also determine what’s happening in your local market so you are fully informed when you’re ready to make your next move.
What Is the Probability That Home Values Sink?
With the current uncertainty about the economy triggered by a potential trade war, some people are waiting to purchase their first home or move-up to their dream house because they think or hope home prices will drop over the next few years. However, the experts disagree with this perspective.
Millennial Buying Power Poised to Boost Homeownership
In a recent article by Realtor Magazine, Mark Fleming, Chief Economist of First American Financial Corporation, notes, “The largest group of millennials by birth year will turn 30 in 2020, which puts them entering their prime homebuying years”.
The Role Access Plays in Getting Your House Sold
So, you’ve decided to sell your house. You’ve hired a real estate professional to help you with the entire process and you’ve been asked what level of access you want to provide to potential buyers.
Home Sales Expected to Continue Increasing In 2020
Freddie Mac, Fannie Mae, and the Mortgage Bankers Association are all projecting home sales will increase nicely in 2020.
A+ Reasons to Hire a Real Estate Pro [INFOGRAPHIC]
- Hiring a real estate professional to help you buy your dream home or sell your current house is one of the most powerful decisions you can make.
- A real estate professional has the experience to help you confidently navigate through the entire process.
- Make sure you work with someone who knows the current market conditions and can simply and effectively explain them to you and your family.
Everybody Calm Down! This Is NOT 2008
Last week realtor.com released the results of a survey that produced three major revelations:
53% of home purchasers (first-time and repeat buyers) currently in the market believe a recession will occur this year or next.
57% believe the next recession will be as bad or worse than 2008.
55% said they would cancel plans to move if a recession occurred.
How Property Taxes Can Impact Your Mortgage Payment
When buying a home, taxes are one of the expenses that can make a significant difference in your monthly payment. Do you know how much you might pay for property taxes in your state or local area?
5 Reasons to Sell This Fall
Below are 5 compelling reasons listing your home for sale this fall makes sense.
Homeownership Will Always Be a Part of the American Dream
On Labor Day we celebrate the hard work that helps us achieve the American Dream.