Comparing housing market metrics from one year to another can be challenging in a normal housing market – and the last few years have been anything but normal. In a way, they were 'unicorn' years.
If you are not happy with the results below please do another search
2155 search results for: national housing metrics infographic
Want to know what experts say will happen in the rest of 2023?
Last year, some housing experts projected a decline in home prices by the end of 2023. But that didn’t happen – inventory was just too low.
- If you’re on the fence about selling your house, it’s worth considering all the reasons why moving could make sense for you.
- If you find your home no longer meets your needs, it may be time to sell.
Comparing real estate metrics from one year to another can be challenging in a normal housing market.
Your equity grows as you pay down your home loan and as home prices increase. With home prices rising again, your equity is getting an extra boost.
Today’s housing inventory is still well below more normal years.
Wondering if it makes sense to buy a home today even when inflation is high? When other costs go up due to inflation, buying a home helps you keep your monthly housing expense steady.
If you’re following the news today, you may feel a bit unsure about what’s happening with home prices and fear whether or not the worst is yet to come.
One of the biggest challenges in the housing market right now is how few homes there are for sale compared to the number of people who want to buy them.
Looking at monthly home price data from six expert sources shows the worst home price declines are behind us, and they’re rising again nationally.
Though there are more homes for sale now than there were at this time last year, there’s still an undersupply with fewer houses available than in more normal, pre-pandemic years.
- In today’s housing market, you can still be the champion if you have the right team and strategy.
- To win as a buyer, you need to build your team, make strategic plays, consider what’s in and out of bounds, and stand out from the crowd.
- As you get ready to sell your house, there are specific things you can add to your to-do list.
- These include decluttering, taking down personal photos and items, and power washing outdoor surfaces.
If you want to sell your house, consider doing it this summer.
If you’re looking to buy a home, you should know even a small change in mortgage rates has an impact on your purchasing power.
- If you’re thinking of buying a home this year, be sure to factor in the long-term benefits of homeownership.
- On average, nationwide, home prices appreciated by 288.7% over the last 32 years. That means homeowners grow their net worth significantly in the long term.
Downsizing is a popular choice for homeowners when they retire or when their needs change, but with inflation still high, it’s also a way to reduce costs.
Once you’ve made the decision to sell your house and have hired a real estate agent to help, they’ll ask how much access to your home you want to give potential buyers.