https://files.keepingcurrentmatters.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/07183852/Frustrated-Couple1.jpg 315 600 The KCM Crew https://www.keepingcurrentmatters.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/01/KCMLogoFlatForDarkTM-300x39.png The KCM Crew2014-09-17 07:00:002015-01-16 15:21:44FSBO’s Must Be Ready to Negotiate
FSBO's Must Be Ready to Negotiate
In a recovering market, some sellers might be tempted to try and sell their home on their own (FSBO) without using the services of a real estate professional. The real estate agent is a trained and experienced negotiator. In most cases, the seller is not. The seller must realize the ability to negotiate will determine whether they get the best deal for themselves and their family.
Here is a list of some of the people with whom the seller must be prepared to negotiate if they decide to FSBO:
- The buyer who wants the best deal possible
- The buyer’s agent who solely represents the best interest of the buyer
- The buyer’s attorney (in some parts of the country)
- The home inspection companies which work for the buyer and will almost always find some problems with the house.
- The termite company if there are challenges
- The buyer’s lender if the structure of the mortgage requires the sellers’ participation
- The appraiser if there is a question of value
- The title company if there are challenges with certificates of occupancy (CO) or other permits
- The town or municipality if you need to get the COs permits mentioned above
- The buyer’s buyer in case there are challenges on the house your buyer is selling.
- Your bank in the case of a short sale
|Members: Sign in now to set up your Personalized Posts & start sharing today!|
Not a Member Yet? Click Here to learn more about KCM’s newest feature, Personalized Posts.