Selling Your Home? The Importance of Using a Real Estate Professional

Selling Your Home? The Importance of Using a Real Estate Professional | Keeping Current Matters

When a homeowner decides to sell their house, they obviously want the best possible price with the least amount of hassles. However, for the vast majority of sellers, the most important result is to actually get the home sold.

In order to accomplish all three goals, a seller should realize the importance of using a real estate professional. We realize that technology has changed the purchaser’s behavior during the home buying process. For the past three years, 92% of all buyers have used the internet in their home search according to the National Association of Realtors’ most recent Profile of Home Buyers & Sellers.

However, the report also revealed that 95% percent of buyers that used the internet when searching for a home purchased their home through either a real estate agent/broker or from a builder or builder’s agent. Only 2% purchased their home directly from a seller whom the buyer didn’t know.

Buyers search for a home online but then depend on an agent to find the actual home they will buy (53%) or negotiate the terms of the sale & price (48%) or understand the process (60%).

The plethora of information now available has resulted in an increase in the percentage of buyers that reach out to real estate professionals to “connect the dots”. This is obvious, as the percentage of overall buyers who used an agent to buy their home has steadily increased from 69% in 2001.

Bottom Line

If you are thinking of selling your home, don’t underestimate the role a real estate professional can play in the process.

Have You Set Up Personalized Posts Yet? | Keeping Current Matters
We at The KCM Crew believe every family should feel confident when buying & selling a home. KCM helps real estate professionals reach these families & enables the agent to simply & effectively explain a complex housing market. Take a 14-Day Free Trial of our monthly membership to see how we can help you!
  1. Braden Bills
    Braden Bills says:

I think that it’s very important to hire a real estate agent when you plan on selling your home. It’s pretty important to make sure you get the best price, but the most important thing is actually getting the home sold. The vast majority of people use real estate brokers to find a home to buy. Thanks for the article!

2. April Cook
    April Cook says:

I’m thinking of selling my home and was wondering if I really needed to use a real estate agent. After reading this I will definitely go with a professional. I need someone who, like you mentioned, knows the process and can negotiate for me. Thanks for the information!

3. Nash Rich
    Nash Rich says:

I can believe that almost all buyers have been using the internet to do their shopping. I don’t think I would do it the old fashion way. It makes sense to me that a real estate agent mixed in with the internet shopping, would be the most efficient way to go. You can check out a lot of stuff, and have a professional help.

4. Kyle O'Ren
    Kyle O'Ren says:

You’re so right that above anything else when you’re selling a home you just want it to get sold regardless of hassle or pricing. I’ve tried selling on my own and it never seemed to work out for me. I think bringing on a real estate professional is always worth the cost because it takes a lot of the weight off of your shoulders.

5. Jorge McMillan
    Jorge McMillan says:

I’ve heard that hardest part to selling a home isn’t necessarily the pricing, but the actual selling of the home itself. That is why, like you mentioned, it is vital to hire a real estate professional that knows what they are doing and can make sure that both of those areas are covered. I’m not moving anytime soon, but I see the importance of the real estate agents and I plan on hiring one whenever it is I do move.

6. John Carston
    John Carston says:

I agree that in order to sell a home at the best possible price and as fast as possible it would require a real estate professional. The stats you provided that 95% of home buyers that used the internet for purchasing a home bought a house through a real estate agent seems to really drive home that point. My parents have tried to sell their home by themselves and it seems to have just prolonged the selling process.

7. Kendall Ryder
    Kendall Ryder says:

I like that realtors know the area and know what homes are on the market. That way, you don’t have to do the searching, but they can! Searching for homes can be a hassle and a stressful thing. I like that I can put my trust in a realtor and just be guided to the homes to check them out.

8. Derek Mcdoogle
    Derek Mcdoogle says:

My brother has been trying to sell his home but hasn’t really come close to completing the sale. You mentioned that 95 percent of buyers that used the internet when searching for a home purchased their home through either a real estate agent of from a builder. Do most agents have different internet marketing techniques that they use to sell a house? It looks like hiring an agent might be the best way to sell his home.

9. Dennis Sanchez
    Dennis Sanchez says:

You mentioned in your article that people looking for homes used the internet to look for a home, but that a majority used an agent to help them “connect the dots” and help them find their dream home. My college buddy has been rather reluctant to hire an agent to help him find a home. Like you mentioned, I think it helps to have an expert help you find exactly what you want, and get the best deal possible on that home. His casual real estate knowledge doesn’t compare to a professional, so I’ll help him look for a good agent to work with. Thanks for the great article.

10. Jade Brunet
    Jade Brunet says:

It is good to know that a realtor can help a homeowner sell their house for the best possible price with the least amount of hassle. It would also be nice to get the home sold in a decent amount of time. My sister recently moved and had a successful experience with her realtor because her house was always presentable before showings.

11. John
    John says:

I thought it was really interesting seeing the percentage of home buyers that used a real estate agent. It also talked about the percentages of buyers that looked to an agent for negotiation, home searching, and understanding the entire process. Does this imply that hiring a real estate agent can help you buy/sell a home much quicker and at a better price than without one? If that’s the case, I’d have no problem hiring an agent in the future for all my real estate needs.

12. Jade Brunet
    Jade Brunet says:

It is good to remember that if you are thinking of selling your home, one should not underestimate the role of a real estate professional. I did not realize that that buyers search for a home online but then depend on an agent to find the actual home they will buy. Interviewing several agents before hiring would be a good idea to ensure you choose one with great communication skills.

13. John Mahoney
    John Mahoney says:

It really helped when talked about not underestimating the help of a real estate agent when selling your property. As I see it, it is always a good idea to find the help you need from the start in orde to set proper marketing plans for your property. I can see how anyone looking into this would want to make sure they take the time to educate themselves on market trends and the value of their home.

14. Annika Larson
    Annika Larson says:

It’s important that my husband and I sell our home quickly, and we’re wondering if a real estate agent would be beneficial in this process. Thanks for sharing this information on the importance of a realtor. I didn’t realize that 95% of buyers that used the internet in home searches bought their home through an agent. We will definitely consider the help of a professional.