Existing Home Sales Bounce Back [INFOGRAPHIC]
- Sales in December were 14.7% higher than those in November, marking the largest month-over-month increase ever recorded.
- Inventory levels are still below historic norms at 3.9-months supply.
- Median home price is up 7.6% from last year, marking the 46th consecutive month with year-over-year price gains.
Thinking of Selling? Why Now May Be The Time
It is common knowledge that a large number of homes sell during the spring-buying season. For that reason, many homeowners hold off on putting their home on the market until then. The question is whether or not that will be a good strategy this year.
A Million+ Boomerang Buyers about to Enter Market
TransUnion recently released the results of a new study titled “The Bubble, the Burst and Now - What Happened to the Consumer?” The study revealed that 1.5 million homeowners that were negatively impacted by the housing crisis could re-enter the housing market in the next three years.
Where Are Interest Rates Headed This Year?
With interest rates still below 4%, many buyers may be on the fence as to whether to act now and purchase a new home, or wait until next year. If you look at what the four major reporting agencies are predicting for 2016, it may make the decision for you. The chart below averages the predictions by quarter.
Existing Home Sales Rebound in December
The National Association of Realtors (NAR) just released their latest Existing Home Sales Report on Friday. Sales of existing homes rose by the largest increase ever recorded as they rebounded 14.7% over November’s numbers and now stand at 7.7% higher than a year ago. While this is great news for the housing market, let’s take a look at one of the main reasons why there was such a large increase in sales.
Should I Buy Now Or Wait Until Next Year? [INFOGRAPHIC]
- The Cost of Waiting to Buy is defined as the additional funds it would take to buy a home if prices & interest rates were to increase over a period of time.
- Freddie Mac predicts interest rates to rise to 4.8% by next year.
- CoreLogic predicts home prices to appreciate by 5.3% over the next 12 months.
- If you are ready and willing to buy your dream home, find out if you are able to!
What Do You Actually Need to Get a Mortgage?
Fannie Mae recently released their “What do consumers know about the Mortgage Qualification Criteria?” Study. The study revealed that Americans are misinformed about what is required to qualify for a mortgage when purchasing a home. Here are three takeaways:
Rents Still Skyrocketing
Zillow recently revealed that the 43 million renter households in the US spent $535 billion on rent in 2015. Aggregate numbers like these often make it difficult to truly assess a situation. For more clarity, we want to share some points that were made in a Wall Street Journal article earlier this month.
Are You Wondering What It Takes To Buy Your First Home?
There are many people sitting on the sidelines trying to decide if they should purchase a home or sign a rental lease. Some might wonder if it makes sense to purchase a house before they are married and have a family. Others may think they are too young. And still others might think their current income would never enable them to qualify for a mortgage.
Thinking of Buying? Selling? 5 Reasons You Need To Hire A Professional
Whether you are buying or selling a home, it can be quite an adventurous journey. You need an experienced Real Estate Professional to lead you to your ultimate goal. In this world of instant gratification and internet searches, many sellers think that they can For Sale by Owner or FSBO.
Why Do Americans Consider Moving? [INFOGRAPHIC]
- In a recent Harris Poll, Americans listed "change in climate/weather" as their top reason for wanting to relocate.
- 41% would move for a better job opportunity.
- Being closer to loved ones filled out 3 of the top 6 reasons why American's move.
The Most Appealing Aspects of Homeownership
The National Association of Realtors (NAR) just released their first issue of the Housing Opportunities & Market Experience Survey (HOME). In the report, NAR revealed what Americans believe to be the most appealing aspects of homeownership.
Lack of Listings Slowing Down the Housing Market
The housing crisis is finally in the rear view mirror as the real estate market moves down the road to a complete recovery. Home values are up. Home sales are up. Distressed sales (foreclosures and short sales) have fallen dramatically. It seems that 2016 will be the year that the housing market again races forward.
When Is It A Good Time To Rent? NOT Now!
People often ask whether or not now is a good time to buy a home. No one ever asks when a good time to rent is. However, we want to make certain that everyone understands that today is NOT a good time to rent.
Thinking of Buying a Home? 3 Questions Every Buyer Should Answer First
If you are debating purchasing a home right now, you are probably getting a lot of advice. Though your friends and family will have your best interest at heart, they may not be fully aware of your needs and what is currently happening in the real estate market. Answering the following 3 questions will help you determine if now is actually a good time for you to buy in today’s market.
Change in Home Sales by Price Range [INFOGRAPHIC]
- Home Sales are up year-over-year in the top 4 price ranges and only slightly below last year's numbers in a fifth.
- A lack of distressed property inventory has led to a slow down in sales in the under $100K price range.
- As home prices continue to rise, there will be less homes available for sale in the lower ranges.
Obstacles to Homeownership: Perceived or Real?
Yesterday, we discussed the belief Americans have in homeownership and their desire to partake in this piece of the American Dream. We also discussed some of the obstacles preventing them from attaining that goal. However, studies have shown that many of the obstacles mentioned are perceived, not real.
Homeownership Still Part of the American Dream
The National Association of Realtors (NAR) just released the first edition of their Housing Opportunities and Market Experience Survey (H.O.M.E.). NAR explained that the report covers:
Real Estate Shines as an Investment in 2015
A survey by The Joint Center of Housing Studies at Harvard University reveals that when a family is buying a home they consider the financial benefits of homeownership along with the social benefits. The survey mentions things like:
Top Reason to List Your House For Sale Now!
If you are debating listing your house for sale this year, here is the #1 reason not to wait!
Resolve to Hire a Real Estate Professional in 2016 [INFOGRAPHIC]
- Happy New Year!
- If you plan to buy your dream home or sell your house in 2016, resolve to use a real estate professional!
- Real Estate Professionals are there for you through the entire process to help with paperwork, negotiations, pricing, and so much more!
- Let's get together to discuss the difference having a professional in your corner can make!