https://files.keepingcurrentmatters.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/07160944/20161006-Share-KCM.jpg 315 600 The KCM Crew https://www.keepingcurrentmatters.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/01/KCMLogoFlatForDarkTM-300x39.png The KCM Crew2016-10-12 06:30:532016-10-04 14:26:51The Role Access Plays in Getting Your House SOLD!
The Role Access Plays in Getting Your House SOLD!
So you’ve decided to sell your house. You’ve hired a real estate professional to help you with the entire process and they have asked you what level of access you want to provide to potential buyers.
There are four elements to a quality listing. At the top of the list is Access, followed by Condition, Financing and Price. There are many levels of access that you could provide to your agent to be able to show your home.
Here are five levels of access that you could give a buyer with a brief description:
- Lockbox On the Door – this allows buyers the ability to see the home as soon as they are aware of the listing, or at their convenience.
- Providing a Key to the Home – although the buyer’s agent may need to stop by an office to pick up the key, there is little delay in being able to show the home.
- Open Access with a Phone Call – the seller allows showing with just a phone call’s notice.
- By Appointment Only (example: 48 Hour Notice) – Many out-of-town/state buyers and relocation buyers visit an area they would like to move to and only have the weekend to view homes. They may not be able to plan that far in advance, or may be unable to wait the 48 hours to be shown the house.
- Limited Access (example: the home is only available on Mondays or Tuesdays at 2pm or for only a couple of hours a day) – This is the most difficult way to be able to show your house to potential buyers.
In a competitive marketplace, access can make or break your ability to get the price you are looking for, or even sell your house at all.
|Members: Sign in now to set up your Personalized Posts & start sharing today!|
Not a Member Yet? Click Here to learn more about KCM’s newest feature, Personalized Posts.