, , ,

Top 5 Benefits of Hiring a Real Estate Agent

Top 5 Benefits of Hiring a Real Estate Agent

The National Association of Realtors (NAR) recently released their 2017 Profile of Home Buyers and Sellers in which they surveyed recent home buyers and sellers about their experiences. An entire section of the profile is dedicated to buyers’ experiences with their real estate agents.

If you are looking to buy in 2018, here are the top 5 benefits of using a real estate agent when buying your dream home as cited by recent buyers:

1. Helped the buyer understand the process – 60%

If you are new to the home buying process, an experienced real estate professional can explain exactly what to expect during the entire transaction so you aren’t caught off guard.

2. Pointed out unnoticed features/faults with the property – 56%

Whether it’s pointing out possible uses for an extra bedroom/office, or using their trained eye to see potentially disastrous hazards that may be hiding out of site, your agent is there to protect your interests and make sure your home buying experience is a good one.

3. Negotiated better sales contract terms – 47%

When it comes to negotiating the complex terms of your contract and coming to an agreement with the seller, it never hurts to have someone who has been there before on your side. If earlier in your search you found a couple of less than desirable features on the home you are going to purchase, your agent can make sure that contingencies are in place for you to pay the best price. Their analysis of comparable properties in the area will also help to make sure that your dream home is priced properly for the market.

4. Provided a better list of service providers – 46%

Real estate agents are titans of networking. Many have a list of preferred providers who they have worked with in the past and who they trust to work as a part of your team to make your dream come true. This can include mortgage professionals (listed as the #8 reason to use an agent at 22%), home inspectors, plumbers, contractors, painters, landscapers, home stagers, and so many more!

5. Improved the buyer’s knowledge of search areas – 44%

Local real estate professionals are often members of community organizations and are usually well versed in their area’s history. Their ties to the community make them a great resource whether you plan to relocate to a new area or across town.

Bottom Line

If your plans for 2018 include purchasing your dream home, start your search for a local real estate partner who can help you make the most powerful and confident decisions for you and your family.

Have You Set Up Personalized Posts Yet? | Keeping Current Matters

1. Rosie Beckett
    Rosie Beckett says:

You make a great point that real estate professionals can help you to understand the buying process. This would be very beneficial to me because I am looking to buy my first home and I don’t know anything about purchasing a home! Also, the fact that a consultant can help you to negotiate better sales contract terms is great because they will be able to save you a large amount of money.

2. Amy Winters
    Amy Winters says:

Thanks for pointing out that a real estate agent will be able to connect you with quality service providers like inspectors, contractors, painters, etc. My husband and I are going to be moving to a new area for his work next year. Since we won’t know anyone in the area, I think we would really benefit from the networking a real estate agent could provide.

3. Dave Anderson
    Dave Anderson says:

Buying a home is something that I have never done before. It makes me really glad that the real estate agent can explain what to expect so I won’t be caught off guard. That is something that would really help me so I don’t stress out too much!

4. Dave Anderson
    Dave Anderson says:

It would be really nice when buying a home to have a trained eye who could point out disastrous hazards that may be out of site. Having dangerous hazards in a home where my family will be living is not something that I would like. When we start looking for a home, I will be consulting with a realtor.

5. Dave Anderson
    Dave Anderson says:

If a real estate agent can negotiate complex terms of my contract with someone that I don’t understand, that would be really nice. Especially if they can get me a better deal on the house. Spending less for something you want is always satisfying, and I can only imagine that feeling is multiplied with a house.

6. Bethany Birchridge
    Bethany Birchridge says:

It’s so cool that most people felt that a real estate agent helped them notice things about the house, like features or faults. One of my friends will be getting married soon, so he may also be buying a house soon. What tips do you have for hiring a great real estate agent in his area?

7. Dave Anderson
    Dave Anderson says:

It would be nice to be able to have a real estate agent who has a knowledge of the area history. That is something that I would love to know more about for a house. That would be good to hire a real estate agent to help me with home listings and the areas.

8. Sophia James
    Sophia James says:

It got me when you said that an agent will have a lot of networks to find you the house of your dreams based on your criteria. I will definitely hire one because of that since I wanted a house with a pool. However, the budget that I have might not be enough even if I saved it up for about three years. I just don’t want to postpone this purchase since I wanted to stop renting after doing so for about ten years now. http://www.lakecumberlandky.com/aboutus/default.aspx

9. Dean Phillips
    Dean Phillips says:

I like how you said that 60 percent of people believed that a real estate agent was able to help them what to expect during a home buying transaction. My wife and I want to move out of our 2-bedroom apartment and into a bigger home so that we have enough room for us and our newborn son. It seems like it would be a good idea for us to work with a real estate agent to help us find the best house for our needs. https://www.susanbeville.com/aboutus/default.aspx

10. Arya Smith
    Arya Smith says:

Thanks for pointing out that having an agent will be able to help us get the best price for the house that we want. I will be hiring one because of that since I am on a limited budget. This is because I am only able to save up a certain amount, and I don’t want to postpone this purchase anymore since I don’t want to rent anymore. https://www.edwestrealty.com/

11. Mia Stewart
    Mia Stewart says:

I like how the article explains that by hiring a real estate agent, they can help to get contingencies in place if there’s something wrong with the house. My husband and I are looking to buy our first home and one of the homes were interested in has a crack in one of the walls that will need to be fixed. We will look into hiring a real estate agent so they can help set up a contingency for the wall. http://www.bhhslynchrealty.com/pages/buying

12. Shayla Cademis
    Shayla Cademis says:

I never knew that real estate agents could help improve a buyer’s knowledge of areas and communities! My husband and I are thinking of moving to a different area to look for better jobs. We’ll definitely have to look for a great real estate agent who can help us better acclimate to the area.

13. Faylinn Byrne
    Faylinn Byrne says:

I agree with your statement that a realtor’s analysis of comparable properties in the area could help me make sure I pay the right price for my home. My husband and I just finished college and are looking to buy a house in the upcoming months, so we are looking at all our options. In my opinion, getting a real estate agent to help us with this process is the best option for us.

14. Derek McDoogle
    Derek McDoogle says:

I found it interesting when you said that real estate agents are titans of networking. My sister and her husband are planning to buy a house. Thanks for helping me understand how a realtor can help you not just to buy the right house but once you have it to contact the most reliable local contractors. https://www.sallytornero.com/

15. Eli Richardson
    Eli Richardson says:

It was well said that a real estate agent, will help to determine if the house is priced properly for the market. My brother saw a house he really liked, but he believes is a little too expensive considering it needs repairs. I’ll advise him to hire an agent so he can negotiate the price right for him.

16. Jane Burt
    Jane Burt says:

I found it very interesting how the article explains that a real estate agent can help to point out certain features of a home that may go unnoticed. My husband and I are looking for a new home and there are often things in houses that we don’t notice that are very nice. Maybe we will look into hiring a real estate agent to help us. https://www.tomandbarbnashgroup.com/

17. rachel frampton
    rachel frampton says:

I’m planning to purchase a home, but I’m not sure if it’s necessary to hire a real estate agent. Thank you for sharing these insights; it’s interesting to know that they have eyes for unnoticed faults with the property, which can help protect my interest. I hope that if ever I’ll push through with hiring a real estate agent, I’ll be provided with an excellent service. https://belsitoassoc.com/

18. Ashley
    Ashley says:

I liked that you said that one reason to consider hiring a professional real estate agent is that they will be good at networking to help you find the home of your dreams. I have been thinking about moving but I have been worried that I wouldn’t find a good home. I will be sure to hire a real estate agent in order to receive help in finding a home that will fit my family’s needs.

19. Eli Richardson
    Eli Richardson says:

I agree that real estate agents can help to get contingencies in place if there’s something wrong with the house. One of my cousins wants to stop renting and buy a house. I will recommend he hires an agent so he can pay a fair price once he finds the right house.

20. John Watson
    John Watson says:

I like the point “Negotiated better sales contract terms – 47%”. Because my nature is so polite and I can’t do the negotiation with the seller so thier a person from your side can do this for you. The real estate agent helps you get good deals in properties and can handle all your work and also can manage all your financial issues.Real estate agents are trustworthy and protect your information.

21. rachel frampton
    rachel frampton says:

My dad has been wanting to sell his mansion, but he hasn’t found realtor yet. We’ll make sure to check the lists of our preferred providers that they have worked with before. I just hope that we’ll be able to find a realtor who can sell the mansion at a reasonable price despite some of its flaws.