Tips to Sell Your Home Faster

Tips to Sell Your Home Faster

When selling your house, there are a few key things you can prioritize to have the greatest impact for a faster sale:

1. Make Buyers Feel at Home

Declutter your home! Pack away all personal items like pictures, awards, and sentimental belongings. Make buyers feel like they belong in the house. According to the 2019 Profile of Home Staging by the National Association of Realtors, “83% of buyers’ agents said staging a home made it easier for a buyer to visualize the property as a future home.”

Not only will your house spend less time on the market, but the same report mentioned that, “One-quarter of buyers’ agents said that staging a home increased the dollar value offered between 1 – 5%, compared to other similar homes on the market that were not staged.”

2. Keep It Organized

Since you took the time to declutter, keep it organized. Before buyers arrive, pick up toys, make the bed, and put away clean dishes. According to the same report, the kitchen is one of the most important rooms to stage in order to attract more buyers. Put out a scented candle or some cookies fresh from the oven. Buyers will remember the smell of your home.

3. Price It Right

More inventory coming into the market guarantees there will be some competition. You want to make sure your home is noticed. A key to selling your house is ensuring it is Priced to Sell Immediately (PTSI). This means you’ll be driving more traffic to your property, and ultimately creating more interest in your home.

4. Give Buyers Full Access

One of the top four elements when selling your home is access. If your home is available anytime, that opens up more opportunity to find a buyer right away. Some buyers, especially those relocating, don’t have much time available. If they cannot get into the house, they will move on to the next one.

Bottom Line

If you want to sell your home in the least amount of time at the best price with as little hassle as possible, reach out to a local real estate professional to find out what you need to do to sell your home as quickly as possible.

1. John Willson
    John Willson says:

Great Blog! Yes these are some of the details i say to my clients as well when they are about to buy or sell a house. most of them these days get it virtually staged by the photographers and that is what creates the impression of the house so when buyers are visiting it would be very appropriate it the house is staged exactly the way it was in the images.

2. Charlotte Fleet
    Charlotte Fleet says:

I really liked your tip about how removing personal items from the house can help those coming to see it feel more at home. My husband and I are starting the process of selling our home. I will make sure to keep this tip in mind when we show our show to ideally sell it faster.

3. Derek McDoogle
    Derek McDoogle says:

I found it interesting when you said that giving full access to potential buyers to your home can help you sell the house faster. My sister wants to sell her actual home but she isn’t there all the time. I will suggest to her to hire a professional photography service that can take pictures of the house so that she can use them to sell the house faster.

4. Ron Booker
    Ron Booker says:

Thanks for the advice about how a PTSI will ake the house noticeable drawing more potential buyers. My parents want to sell their house by the end of the year. I will pass the tips so they can begin interviewing a real estate agent to help them market the house.

5. Eli Richardson
    Eli Richardson says:

Thanks for the advice about pricing the house right to make sure it is PTSI, that way the house will be noticeable to potential buyers. My sister wants to sell her house so she can move closer to my parents, and she needs to sell the house by the end of the year. I will pass her the details so she can start looking for a real estate agent in her area and price the house right.

6. Derek McDoogle
    Derek McDoogle says:

My brother told me that he would like to own a bigger house so he is thinking about selling his actual house. I like how you suggest giving full access to potential buyers so they can put an offer quickly. I will recommend him to contact a professional company that can help him sell his house soon so that he can get the new property.

7. Derek Swain
    Derek Swain says:

It makes sense that you can sell your home more quickly by ensuring that buyers can visit your house at any time. My wife and I need to sell our house before we move to an area that is closer to where I work next month, and I want to find a way to attract as many buyers as possible to the remote area we live in. We’ll make sure that our home is always available in case a potential buyer wants to see it.

8. Rebecca Gardner
    Rebecca Gardner says:

It was interesting when you talked about how the kitchen should be staged to attract as many buyers as possible. According to my knowledge, it would be a good idea to work with a professional real estate photographer after the home is staged to make sure it gives an inviting first impression online as well. The info you shared here will be helpful to anyone listing a home in the future, so thanks for discussing it!