Should I Renovate My House Before I Sell It? [INFOGRAPHIC]
- In today’s hyper-competitive market, buyers are often willing to overlook cosmetic or minor repair needs if it means snagging a home in their price range.
- With so few houses available for sale today, you may be able to skip the bigger renovations before you sell and cash in on the current demand for your house.
- If you’re ready to move, let’s connect to determine your best next steps in this sellers’ market.
Three Ways Low Inventory Is a Win for Sellers
The number of houses for sale today is significantly lower than the high buyer activity in the current housing market. According to Lawrence Yun, Chief Economist for the National Association of Realtors (NAR):
Buyer Interest Is Growing among Younger Generations
The demand for homes this year is extraordinary as record-breaking numbers of hopeful buyers continue to shop for homes. In a normal year, the peak homebuying season comes to a close by early fall. However, 2020 is anything but a normal year, and the housing market is no exception. Lawrence Yun, Chief Economist for the National Association of Realtors (NAR), explains:
How Down Payment Assistance Opens the Door to Homeownership
Many people are eager to buy a home right now while affordability continues to be a highlight of the current housing market. However, a recent survey by Sparks Research shows that 20% of first-time homebuyers cite a lack of financial education as a barrier to homeownership. This is definitely understandable. If you don’t feel comfortable with the financial process of buying a home, it’s hard to make a confident decision. In fact, four in five homebuyers say they need help to understand what they can even afford in the first place. This is why finding the right professionals to help you through the process is so important.
Two Important Impacts of Home Equity
Equity continues to rise, helping American homeowners secure a much more stable financial future. According to the most recent data from CoreLogic, the average homeowner gained $9,800 in equity over the past year. In addition, experts project 2020 home prices to continue rising. With prices going up, equity gains will also keep accelerating. Black Knight just reported:
Selling Your House Is the Right Move, Right Now [INFOGRAPHIC]
- Demand from homebuyers has skyrocketed this year, which means today’s sellers are poised to win big. This ideal moment in time to sell your house won’t last forever, though.
- With more sellers coming to the market in the spring, waiting until next year means buyers will have more choices, so your home may not stand out from the crowd.
- Let’s connect today to discuss why now may be the right time to make a move on your terms.
Home Values Projected to Keep Rising
As we enter the final months of 2020 and continue to work through the challenges this year has brought, some of us wonder what impact continued economic uncertainty could have on home prices. Looking at the big picture, the rules of supply and demand will give us the clearest idea of what is to come.
Why Today’s Options Will Save Homeowners from Foreclosure
Many housing experts originally voiced concern that the mortgage forbearance program (which allows families impacted financially by COVID to delay mortgage payments to a later date) could lead to an increase in foreclosures when forbearances end.
Americans Are Gaining Confidence in the Economy
The September Jobs Report issued by the Bureau of Labor Statistics reported that the unemployment rate dropped to 7.9%. Though that percentage is well below what experts projected earlier this year, it still means millions of people are without work. There’s no way to minimize the tremendous impact this pandemic-induced recession continues to have on many Americans.
Real Estate Continues to Show Unprecedented Strength This Year
The 2020 housing market has surpassed all expectations and continues to drive the nation’s economic recovery. The question is, will this positive trend continue throughout the rest of the year, especially given the uncertainty around the current health crisis, the upcoming election, and more?
How to Prepare for a Bidding War [INFOGRAPHIC]
- With so few houses available on the market today, being ready for a bidding war is essential for prospective homebuyers.
- From pre-approval to making your best offer, here are three tips to make sure you can act quickly and confidently when you find the perfect home.
- Let’s connect today to be sure you have the guidance you need as the competition for homes heats up this season.
Do You Need to Know More about Forbearance and Mortgage Relief Options?
Earlier this year when the nation pressed pause on the economy and unemployment rates jumped up significantly, many homeowners were immediately concerned about being able to pay their mortgages, and understandably so. To assist in this challenging time, two protection plans were put into place to help support those in need.
The #1 Reason Not to Wait to List Your House for Sale
Many industries have been devastated by the economic shutdown caused by the COVID-19 virus. Real estate is not one of them.
Do You Have Enough Money Saved for a Down Payment?
One of the biggest misconceptions for first-time homebuyers is how much you’ll need to save for a down payment. Contrary to popular belief, you don’t always have to put 20% down to buy a house. Here’s how it breaks down.
6 Reasons You’ll Win by Selling with a Real Estate Agent This Fall
There are many benefits to working with a real estate professional when selling your house. During challenging times, like what we face today, it becomes even more important to have an expert you trust to help guide you through the process. If you’re considering selling on your own, known in the industry as a For Sale by Owner (FSBO), it’s critical to consider the following:
Thinking of Moving? [INFOGRAPHIC]
- If you’re ready to sell your house but you’re worried about finding one to move into, why not invest in a brand-new home built just for you?
- New construction is on the rise, so it’s a great time to think about a custom home to fit your family’s changing needs.
- Let’s connect today to discuss how to sell your house while buyer demand is high and find you a new home to call your own while you’re at it.
Should You Buy a Retirement Home Sooner Rather than Later?
Every day in the U.S., roughly 10,000 people turn 65. Prior to the health crisis that swept the nation in 2020, most people had to wait until they retired to make a move to the beach, the golf course, or the senior living community they were looking to settle into for their later years in life. This year, however, the game changed.
A Homeowner’s Net Worth Is 40x Greater Than a Renter’s
One of the best ways to build your family’s financial future is through homeownership. Recent data from the Federal Reserve indicates the net worth of a homeowner is actually over 40 times greater than that of a renter. Maybe it’s time to start thinking about buying a home, especially when they’re so affordable in today’s market.
Is it Time to Move into a Single-Story Home?
Once the kids have left the nest, you may be wondering what to do with all of the extra space in your home. Chances are, you don’t need four bedrooms anymore, and it may be a great time to sell your house and downsize, maybe even into a single-story home. You’ve likely gained significant equity if you’ve lived in your home for a while, so making a move while demand for your current house is high could be your best step forward toward the retirement goals you set out to achieve several years ago.
Why Pricing Your House Right Is Essential
In today’s real estate market, setting the right price for your house is one of the most valuable things you can do.
Rising Home Equity Can Power Your Next Move [INFOGRAPHIC]
- According to CoreLogic, homeowners across the country are gaining significant equity.
- Over the past year, the average homeowner gained $9,800 in equity, growing their overall net worth.
- If you’re ready to sell your house and begin looking for your dream home, let’s connect to plan how your equity can make that possible.
Buyers Are Finding More Space in the Luxury Home Market
A year ago, additional space and extra amenities had a very different feel for homebuyers. Today, the health crisis has brought to light how valuable more square footage and carefully designed floorplans can be. Home offices, multi-purpose rooms, gyms, and theaters are becoming more popular, and some families are finding the space they need for these upgrades in the luxury market.